"Heartbeat" is a production based off the rhythm inside us all. An accelerando as the heartbeat gets excited, a heartbeat motivating the foundation of the groove, the romantic hints and struggle within and the inevitable flatline are all woven together seamlessly to create an emotional connection to the audience. The "heartless" moment with its sampled vocals is sure to be a crowd favorite at any show. This show is simple enough for everybody to enjoy but still has many layers beyond the surface.
"Heartbeat" was originally commissioned by the Los Alamitos HS marching band in the fall of 2009 and was a WGI A Class finalist with Timber Creek HS in 2011. This is a custom version adapted for indoor percussion.
- 4 & 5 Bass Drums
- 3 Marimbas
- 1 Xylophone/Crotales
- 1 Glockenspiel/Chimes
- 3 Vibes
- 2 Aux. Percussion
- 2 Synthesizers
- 1 Drum Set
- 1 Timpani
- Movement 1: 2:10
- Movement 2: 1:00
- Movement 3: 2:15
- Total: 5:15
- PDF files for all movements including full scores, battery scores and all individual parts.
- High Quality MP3 recordings that you can burn to CD
- MP3 file of all narration and sound effects that can be entered into a sampler
- Count Sheets for each Movement.
- Personal web page with a username and password to access all your unit’s information.
There is also an Open class version of this show available on this site. Due to the importance of electronic samples in this show, a sampler is highly recommended for getting the best result. Please see the FAQ section for information on what a sampler is. Feel free to contact us for any more detailed information.