“Playback” was inspired by the movie “Click” in which a universal remote control controls real life events. It doesn’t get much more audience friendly than this production while still maintaining a strong and engaging musical score. The total integration is off the charts! Effects include a start-up TV intro with sampled commercials, “pause,” volume adjustments, slow motion, fast forward, rewind, etc. The show concludes with the remote control going haywire, all the different effects back-to-back, ending eventually with "Power Off".
"Playback" was originally commissioned for marching band in the fall of 2010 and was a WGI A class finalist with Foothill HS (NV) in 2012. This is a custom version adapted for indoor percussion. The electronic integration is vital to the success of this show. Every sound heard comes with the show. You just need a sampler and a powerful sound system!
- 4 & 5 Bass Drums
- 3 Marimbas
- 3 Vibes
- 2 Synthesizers
- Bass Guitar (Optional)
- Drum Set
- 2 Aux. Percussion
- Movement 1: 2:20
- Movement 2: 1:10
- Movement 3: 2:10
- Total: 5:40
- PDF files for all movements including full scores, battery scores and all individual parts.
- High Quality MP3 recordings for full ensemble and battery only
- MP3 file of all narration and sound effects that can be entered into a sampler
- Count Sheets for each Movement.
- Personal web page with a username and password to access all your unit’s information.
There is also an Open class version of this show available on this site. Due to the importance of electronic samples in this show, a sampler is highly recommended for getting the best result. Please see the FAQ section for information on what a sampler is. Feel free to contact us for any more detailed information.