- Difficulty: Mid to High Open Class
- Duration: 5:25
- Price: $1,350
- Movement 1:
- Movement 2:
- Movement 3, with Montel Jordan:
- Movement 3, without Montel Jordan:
The premise for this production is based off one simple idea, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it.” The idea was to take things that under normal circumstances would never be thought of as “Cool” and turn them into memorable moments! From the random samples in the beginning, an epic arrangement of “Merry had a little lamb,” the hand held disk ballad experience, to the hip hop dance breakdown, this show is a treat for the performers and audience alike!
"Not What, but How" was originally commissioned for Pacifica HS was the Scholastic Open Class Gold medalist at WGI World Championships in 2011. Please specify which version of Mvt 3 you would like.
Important: Permission to arrange and perform would need to be granted for the Montel Jordan version. This price do not include the possible publisher fees. Contact us for more information.
- 4 & 5 Bass Drums
- 3 Marimbas
- 3 Vibes
- 2 Synthesizers
- Drum Set
- 2 Aux. Percussion
- Movement 1: 2:05
- Movement 2: 1:10
- Movement 3: 2:10
- Total: 5:25
- PDF files for all movements including full scores, battery scores and all individual parts.
- High Quality MP3 recordings for full ensemble and battery only
- MP3 file of all narration and sound effects that can be entered into a sampler
- Count Sheets for each Movement.
- Personal web page with a username and password to access all your unit’s information.
There is also an A and World class version of this show available on this site. This show requires a Remo "sound shape" head for each performer. Click here for more info on these. Feel free to contact us for any more detailed information.